atom feed15 messages in com.mulberrytech.lists.xsl-listRe: [xsl] Scope of uniqueness of gene...
FromSent OnAttachments
Vladimir NesterovskyNov 20, 2008 3:41 am
Colin AdamsNov 20, 2008 3:50 am
David CarlisleNov 20, 2008 4:01 am
Michael KayNov 20, 2008 4:03 am
Vladimir NesterovskyNov 20, 2008 4:50 am
David CarlisleNov 20, 2008 4:55 am
Florent GeorgesNov 20, 2008 4:56 am
Vyacheslav SedovNov 20, 2008 5:10 am
David CarlisleNov 20, 2008 5:12 am
David CarlisleNov 20, 2008 5:16 am
Florent GeorgesNov 20, 2008 6:03 am
Vladimir NesterovskyNov 20, 2008 8:52 am
Michael KayNov 20, 2008 9:05 am
John SnelsonNov 20, 2008 9:12 am
Subject:Re: [xsl] Scope of uniqueness of generate-id()
From:John Snelson (john@oracle.com)
Date:Nov 20, 2008 9:12:34 am
List:com.mulberrytech.lists.xsl-list

Vladimir Nesterovsky wrote:

Until today I was thinking that xslt functions have no side effects (provided extensions are not considered). It has turned out that this is not correct. That changes the picture (at least for me). Many possible optimizations are not safe.

It's not that bad. You just have to be careful in expressions where nodes are created and the results of the expression rely on properties related to the node ID. In practice that doesn't happen that often.

John